Groove Awards with Safaricom 2017
The 12th annual Groove Awards with Safaricom that took place on the 1st of June 2017 at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre was nothing short of pomp and brilliance, right from the mic-check, red carpet and down to the confetti-laced closing of the event. Once again, the event made a statement of being the most note-worthy red carpet awards ceremony in Kenya making the attendees ask “when is the next MoSound event!”
The star-studded event themed ‘Tunaweza’ that was broadcast live on nationwide television network K24, as well as a live digital stream on the award’s social media platforms, saw winners unveiled in thirty-two different categories, twenty-six of them being public choice awards, five special merit categories, and the Skiza Ringback Tune award. This was in line with the award’s objective – to showcase excellence, promote and connect Gospel artists from different entertainment genres across Africa.
Who attended the event?
Contrary to common belief about the event being a niche ceremony for the Christian fraternity, the contracted MC’s and award presenters hilariously entertained the attendees with quips and witty public roasts of celebrities and current affairs in Kenya. True to being the #1 star-studded event of the land, the Groove Awards 2017 was graced with media personalities, company executives, musicians, orators, well dressed folks and most importantly worshipers.
- The Hosts – Kanze Dena, Tina Nzuki, Dunco Atalaku, Moji Short Babaa, Njugush
- Celebrities In Attendance – Nameless, Big Ted, Sauti Sol, Big Pin, Avril, Wahu, Calvo Mistari, Octopizzo, Amos And Josh, Hart The Band, Jaguar, Timmy T Dat, Naiboi, Nyawira, Dr. Ofweneke, Chipukeezi, Eric Omondi, Churchill and many more.
The event sponsors
The 2017 event sponsor who were all worth a mention, individually made the event memorable by providing the award winners with jaw-dropping perks worth of any industry plaudit. The sponsor list was as such:
- Safaricom – Title sponsors
- Shell (Vivo Energy Kenya)
- Azure Hotels
- Milele FM
- The K.I.C.C
- Film Studios
- MoSound Events
What it took to make the event a success
Creating any successful event requires impeccable planning and a team that knows each of their designated roles well. The MoSound events team comprised of technicians, event production crews, engineers, digital teams and delightful backstage staff – are all ‘doers’ guided by the core company principles of teamwork, excellence, passion, professionalism, speed & innovation – the MoSound Way!
Being one of the most important events on our internal events calendar, all hands were on deck with all employees including the Managing Director- Kavutha Mwanzia Asiyo and MoSound Group of companies owner Kevin Mulei being present, pitching-in and providing direction just like a high profile movie set.
Event Production & Management
- Event Décor – Adorned with stretch décor, colour-varied & tied back Chiavari chairs, an elevated back row with end-to-end bleachers, sturdy crash barriers and intelligent lighting –the place was alive with a bold statement to make. In the truest of MoSound events culture to always create ‘events that excite’, the attendees were wowed with theatrical smoke and fog, pyrotechnics and confetti as the cherry on top.
- Sound, Screens & Lighting – A combination of vivid, highly contrasting colours emanating from the world-class lighting solutions and big on-set screens illuminated the platinum and gold accents of the Award statuettes and newly revamped Groove branding. The movement of different performers and the 5 event hosts across the 2500-seater dome highlighted the top notch quality of the sound systems at the event which include audio gear that is well suited for production of any scale. The gear includes consoles, wireless equipment, speaker systems, and signal processing. The presence of a crane, top level cameras and a well-trained technical crew ensured that all angles of the event were covered and that the audience got to enjoy both what they saw on stage and on screen.
- Amenities – Mobile washrooms were on-ground at a stone’s throw distance from the main arena. Convenient and most importantly cleaned at short and regular intervals.
- Security – Endeared as ‘men in black’, the event security comprising of personnel from both gender were on location at the entrances, exits, red carpet, press areas and even the event’s designated parking slots. Strict instructions were followed to the letter as they ensured passage and access to only those with event wristbands. The latter describesd wristbands were categorized into full, medium, and partial access passes – all security levels colour varied.
- Location – The choice of location for the event was carefully thought over. A venue that was convenient for all attendees was sourced and agreed upon as the Kenyatta International Conference Centre
- Digital & online presence – (Voting, Live Streaming, Hashtag Management, Ticketing, Sponsor mentions) – Just as the event planning, organization and execution was seamless, the MoSound digital team was at hand to make the event trend by designating the event hashtag #GrooveWithSafaricom and ensuring people got to tweeting, posting, liking and commenting and yes- we made it to the #1 Trend in Kenya on the 1st of June! Voting for one’s favourite artists and getting a ticket for the event was also handled the digital way recognizing that the majority of the attendees are tech-savvy and so are we.
Ever been to an event hosted by MoSound? We recommend you have a fully-charged phone to capture that one selfie that will be the talk of your circles. We are the top-ranked event management company in Kenya.
For sponsorship details, events equipment hire and inquiry about anything events related, kindly contact MoSound Events on:
Almont Park, 4th Floor, Church Rd, Westlands.
Address: P.O. Box 38532-00623, Nairobi, Kenya.
Call Us: (+254) 020 2672560